According to recent research, part of the key to a happy, long-lasting marriage is saying "I love you" 10 times per week.
For those of you who worry the words will lose meaning with constant repetition, here are 20 ways to say "I love you" without saying anything at all.
1. DIY "I love you because..." frame.
This is such a great idea. All you do is print out the "I love you because..." template and frame it. Then, using a dry-erase/non-permanent marker, leave each other little notes of appreciation and adoration. Finding the messages will remind you both that you are loved.
2. Offer to make a special dinner for just the two of you.
The stomach is the way to a human's heart, right?
3. Flowers are always a good idea.
They show you were thinking of the other person.
4. Take your partner to a meaningful place.
Life gets busy; before we know it, magical moments slip into forgotten years. Don't let this happen. Take the time to remember the special moments and places you've shared. For instance, if you went to high school together, go back and visit; if you met in college, go back to your favorite hangout.
5. Give them messages in a bottle.
This romantic tradition has the power to make someone feel seriously loved. Here is an option that has 101 messages of love:
6. Simply really listen when they speak.
It makes all the difference.
7. Create a collage of love.
It's a constant reminder of all the amazing memories you share.
8. Give a foot rub...
without being bribed. When you initiate the action, it shows the depths of your love.
9. Make your partner breakfast in bed.
It starts the day off on a lovely note!
10. Laugh at your partner's jokes.
Be sincere; it matters.
11. Leave a message on the mirror.
Wouldn't you feel loved if you found a nice message on a mirror?
12. Bring them something sweet.
It works like a charm to make your loved one feel special and appreciated.
13. Play footsies.
Whether you're newly together or a seasoned couple, footsies is a direct way of reminding your partner you love them.
14. Run them a bath.
Pampering your partner is the ultimate way to say "I love you" without saying anything at all.
15. Give compliments.
Try for at least one a day.
16. Cuddle up!
Cuddling is--and always will be--the silent way of saying "I really love you."
17. Leave them a creative sweet note.
The effort alone speaks volumes.
18. Kiss them hello and goodbye.
19. Grab a deck of cards and write a love note on each one.
Pick-up 52 with a purpose, or, just a fun addition to game night.
20. Turn on their favorite song at the most unexpected time.
It'll brighten their day and may even start a dance party.