Spring has definitely sprung and you know what that means...It's time to get out in the garden that's been neglected all winter!
Now, sometimes gardening can feel like a chore but once you get going it's super relaxing and you'll be so happy with the results! To help make things a bit easier, I've put together a list of 25 cost effective and easy gardening hacks for your viewing pleasure.
So get out the gloves and sun hat, we're heading to the garden...
1. Extra wine bottles lying around? Reuse them to be a gradual water supply for your plants!
via The Greenists
2. How cute is this? Use egg shells to get seeds up and running.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon onto soil to prevent young plants from getting diseases.
4. No watering can? No problem!
6. Encourage plants to take root, grow faster, and stronger by soaking seeds in warm water 24 hours before sowing.
via Instagram / @sarah._.hope
7. Use coffee grounds to keep pests away from your plants! Just lay them in the garden.
8. Moss graffiti? Yes please!
via Green Prophet
9. How about starting a seedling in a lemon rind?
10. Help cut flowers last longer by adding a little vodka to the water.
via flickr / Kevin
11. Another way to protect your plants from pests is by sprinkling crushed eggshells at their base.
12. Grow more basil by placing the store bought cuttings in water.
13. Such a great idea! Make a vertical herb garden using a show rack!
14. Looking to dress up your garden a little bit? Add rainboots!
via The Chic Site
15. Are you going away? Or are you just a little bit forgetful? Make an automatic water supply.
16. Did you know you can re-grow a pineapple simply from planting its top?
via tumblr / ModCloth
17. Keep the cilantro comin' by growing it all year round!
18. Keep soil from leaking out of pots by using coffee filters inside.
19.Make vine tomatoes less tart by adding baking soda to the soil.
20. Use potted herbs for mosquito control.
via Pinterest / Salisbury Greenhouse
21. Don't throw out those broken pots! Use the pieces to make plant markers.
22. It's super easy to grow your own sweet potatoes, so why not!?
23. Organize all of your un-planted seeds in the sleeves of old photo albums. You'll never have to wonder where they got to again.
via Instagram / @thecraftco
24. Got a lot of kitchen scraps kickin' around? All of these will regrow so do it up!
25. Give your garden a makeover by jazzing up your planters with a little paint. Works wonders!
via The Sweet Escape